Recipe updated: January 19, 2022
Smoothies are always a good idea. This Carrot and Orange smoothie is a must-have and a favorite of mine. Carrots are a good source of beta carotene and antioxidants while oranges are a good source of vitamin C.
Disclaimer: This post contains links to an affiliate website or links to an Amazon shop. As an affiliate member, I will earn from qualifying purchases made by you at no additional cost ever. I appreciate the purchase you made. Read my disclosure.
Check these other recipes with carrots:
I always believe that feeding yourself with good and healthy food is the best defense you can give your body and boost your immune system. This carrot and orange smoothie is so easy to do and gives you that refreshing feeling.
After all the festivities and food we have eaten this smoothie can be added to your regular meal and a perfect replacement for soda, artificial juice, or caffeine. A good way to enjoy a mix of fruits and veggies too.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Blender / Juicer
- Chopping board knife
CHILLED FRUITS AND VEGGIES
You can peel and cut in advance your carrots and oranges then keep them in the fridge before making your smoothie and just put everything in your blender or juicer when you’re ready to make your drink.
This way your carrot and orange smoothie is already cold and perfect to enjoy. On the other hand, you can also just add some ice cubes after making your smoothie.
BENEFITS OF ORANGES
- Helps in iron absorption that is truly beneficial for vegans and plantbased practitioners.
- Rich in vitamin C and its good for the body as it boost immune system.
- Helps fight cancer-causing free radicals
- For other benefits check here.
BENEFITS OF CARROTS
- Good source of fiber and carbs.
- Rich in vitamin A, B6, K1 and Potassium.
- Have antioxidants.
CARROT AND ORANGE SMOOTHIE
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Oranges
- 1/2 cup – 1 cup water
- Optional: Fresh ginger
- Peel the carrots and cut into quarters. Put in the blender and add 1/2 cup of water blend until smooth,
- Peel the oranges cut into quarters and remove seeds if any. Blend and add another half cup of water if needed until the combination becomes smooth.
- Optional: Add some fresh ginger for extra spice.
This recipe does not need additional sweeteners like sugar or maple syrup. It’s very quick and easy to prepare. I added water so that it will be easier to crush and juice the carrots. The amount of water may vary depending on your preference.
You can also swap water with oat milk or almond milk.
This carrot and orange smoothie can have 2 servings with 111 calories per serving. Total Fat 0.2g | Saturated Fat 0g | Cholesterol 0mg | Sodium 44mg | Total Carbohydrate 27.6g | Dietary Fiber 5.9g | Total Sugars 20.2g | Protein 2.2g | Vitamin D 0mcg | Calcium 95mg | Iron 0mg | Potassium 529mg.
Nutrition calculation is based on using an online calculator (verywellfit) and for reference use only.
OTHER DRINKS TO TRY
Carrot and Orange Smoothie
- Blender or Juicer
- chopping board
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Oranges
- 1 cup water
- Wash and peel the skin of carrots, cut into quarters and set aside.
- Wash and peel skin of oranges, slice and set aside.
- Put carrots and orange in the blender and add 1/2 cup up to 1 cup of water and pulse until it becomes smooth.
- (Optional) Add fresh ginger for added spice
- This recipe is sugar-free
- Add ice for an instant cold smoothie
- Swap water with a dairy-free milk
I am a huge smoothie lover – can’t wait to try this one!
i always come back to this recipe when i need a little booster. this one is really tasty and natural!
I made these this morning and added a bit of ginger as well. It was so delicious!
I can tell from the vibrant color, this smoothie really delivers healthy benefits!
This looks great. I look forward to trying it soon.
this dairy-free smoothie rich in vitamins and minerals was just what my tired body was looking for! I feel a lot better now
Definitely going to try this ,thank you for sharing.
This is a great recipe cannot wait to try.
This smoothie is absolutely fantastic! Love how nutrient dense it is!
What a great way to get your fruits and veggies!!
super tasty and healthy for the eyes. I love this easy to make juice at home!
Yum! I make a similar smoothie with frozen ingredients and it is so similar to ice cream – so sweet without any added sugar
This was absolutely refreshing! My kids also enjoyed it 🙂
Love this smoothie! I’ve been starting my day with it over the past couple weeks and I feel refreshed and energized after drinking it!
We all need to boost our immune system. Great smoothie!